12:36 PM

Here’s an insightful review on Godaddy from a client of mine and pretty much sums up what I hear from everyone:
After hosting my ecommerce site with godaddy for 4 years I’m dumping them. I’ve been experiencing site outages due to overloaded database servers, lost email, and overall just bad service and support.
Technical support does respond quickly; however, their fist level support technicians only have canned scripts to work from and it’s frustrating to continually hear that the problem is with my website code, which has not changed in 2 years.
Godaddy support has told me that the lost emails are my fault. After arguing with them for 2 weeks they finally figured out that all of my company email was being routed incorrectly. They fixed that problem, but now there are times when it takes 24+ hours to receive an email generated by customers from my website.
It took me over a month to get support to look into the database server timeout problems. Finally I called and got someone who was able to validate that the database connection was timing out from my website (and costing me sales).
I was told that another customer was consuming all available server cycles and that nothing could be dome about it unless I moved to dedicated hosting (for a very large fee).
I was also told that part of the my timeout problem was caused by me being a customer for so long that my website was on a very old, slow server and should move to one of the newer servers; once again, for a rather large fee. Nice to see that GoDaddy values their long term customers (that’s sarcasm by the way).
So I decided to purchase virtual dedicated hosting; but after 2 weeks decided to cancel because I could not spend 12 hours a day trying to get the server configured (they preconfigure nothing).
Sure GoDaddy is cheap, but if you plan on growing your ecommerce business, you’d be better off hosting with top level hosts like StartLogic or Yahoo Hosting.

0 Responses to "Go Daddy"

Post a Comment

Google - Friend Connect

Forex Tips - Forex Hints, Fx News, Daily Market Analysis

Forex Analyst Commentary

eToro - Your Access to the Forex Market

Worried about the falling markets? Take advantage of the Forex world with eToro! eToro - Your Access to the Forex Market

Forex Latest Video

FOREX INFORMATION Advertise with my Blog
LinkShare_468x60v1
1 2 3 Submit PRO - Free URL Registration
COPY AND PASTE THE GIVEN CODE AND PASTE IT IN YOUR BLOG FOR GOOD TRAFFIC IN YOUR BLOG